CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Monday, July 21, 2008


Randy Brady Jr. young and talented but raw

Randy Brady Jr. is only 19 but drives like he was a lot older, raised and lives in Douglasville, Georgia. Randy was born in March in the year of 1989, he comes from a family of racers, including his Grandfather, Uncle, and Father who still races.
He has some hobbies that include would you know it, racing and working on race cars, and that will come in handy as he drives against fellow competitors in the wild and woolly Enduro races at West Georgia Speedway located in Whitesburg, Georgia. When I asked him who his favorite driver in Nascar was he replied, Kyle Bush. As I stood and spoke with him, to be honest he reminds me more of Kevin Harvick and has that short smile, but seems to have a personality that goes with racing. When I spoke with him at West Georgia Speedway prior to the races he was smoking something odd because his father owns and operates Georgia Explosives in Douglasville. Every time I think of him smoking I only imagine what would happen if he was smoking at work, if I were to hear a huge explosion in Douglasville, I guess I know what had happened. I only hope he does not smoke inside of the business.
Getting back to Randy and his car, he has a Nova with a 350 engine under the hood to turn out the horse power he needs to if he expects to win. Having a pit crew is something that most drivers don't have but he does list is Uncle Rick as his Crew Chief. He has a pit crew that is a combination of his Father, to his Uncle to his friends, Rick, Levi, and Blake. These are the key personal that continue to give Randy confidence that he can be a winner.
His racing history goes back to win he was 11 when he started winning in the go cart races. He then moved up to mini-stockers, to where he is now running in the Enduro class.
He loves racing Enduro's just needs some work on his car and needs to quit listening to others on how to set his car up, especially from drivers in the same class that he runs because, most drivers give advice to drivers in the class, but they also "give out some bad tips". I mean if I were eating at McDonald's and every time I had a burger I found a twenty dollar bill in my bun, I would make sure that my friend would order something else, no need for him to get a twenty. I mean when it comes to racing, listen to those that will help and not those that can and will beat you.
He does have some sponsors for his red and white #32, and they are Georgia Towing & Hauling,
El Rodeo, Pool Genie, and Auto Sports Unlimited.
So if you want to see a new young gun working his way up the racing ladder, watch Randy Brady Jr. in his Enduro car #32 at West Georgia Speedway on a Saturday Night.

Tino Patti (a MSA reporter)

No comments: