CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Merry Christmas, to all the fans and drivers





















Merry Christmas to every Dirt Track race fan!!!



Hey Race Fans are your ready to hear the roar and rumble of those amazing dirt cars again?. sure you are and I know how you feel.

The weather is cold, and bleak, and all I am wishing for is a safe and merry Christmas to all my fans and great drivers who I hope to be in contact again starting in March 2010.







Sammy Duke will have West Georgia Speedway ready for Feb. for Practices and racing will begin in March, when I have know idea. West Georgia will begin in March 2010.
Then again how many drivers will be heading over to the new and improved “Little River Speedway” where Wren Goodman is the promoter and runs the track and makes sure everyone is happy.

And please don’t forget about the New Senoia Speedway, back to Dirt, and Jack Mills and his crew are lining up some exciting racing action just like back in the old days when the track was dirt and was fast. Then again how many remember those days?

I remember Senoia Speedway because I was filming during the HOT Georgia weather, I thought I was making my way to NASCAR but all I seen was cars go around and around and around and was so boring. That is when that amazing phrase came out “Asphalt is for getting you to the DIRT Track”.
I filmed for 1 year every feature and now I know what it must be like to film NASCAR events, boring!


I have met some of the best dirt track drivers around and I call them my friend. I know they know me and I know them and that makes for some great bonds. I have some special drivers that I really look out for, then again, I am not making calls I am just trying to promote drivers who are winners. They may not win every night but they are there racing hard in these crazy times.

Writing and filming has become something I do best and later on, you may want to buy a copy of a new book I am working on, and you can imagine it is filled with racing names and stories from 7 Flags Speedway the now closed track in Douglasville, Georgia, to my many night of working Senoia Speedway in the heat of the nights.
Then again finishing out at 7 Flags Speedway, until the track was closed and demolished and what seemed like the good times were over.

Then without knowing what to expect I asked Sammy Duke if I could come in and film and make my own money, since I was working with my own camera and without a thought Sammy said “Come On”. So I have worked hard at West Georgia Speedway knowing that every dollar I made went to help feed my family and also take care of my wife who is not in good condition.

Since I was working hard, I really got to know some of the drivers better, each time I sold them a DVD they would watch it and go back and reset their car and come back to win the next week.

I guess in some way I really feel good when they win because I know that the continent watching of a DVD of their race, maybe what lets a driver make the proper set-up on his car. When they win it is an all around celebration not only for me but for the driver.

Car’s and drivers are awesome, but how many times have I seen the best races and it all came down to that last white flag lap, one to go, and some where between 1 and 4 the lead car was passed and the second place car took the checkered flag.
I have met the best of drivers, from Lamar Haygood, to Richard Bagby, to Jeff Carter and Joe Hillman, and who could leave out #69 Roscoe Collins, plus greats like Glenn McWaters and Rucker Orr and his father Ken Orr. I have met new drivers like Jason Williams and his father Buck Williams, and then there are always the true and faithful drivers like Rocky Johnson, Tim Collier, and Danny Smith.

Filming races has become some kind of passion for me, I mean I do it because I love watching a driver race, and later in the week call me and ask me for a copy of the race, because he either wants to reset his car up, or he wants to see who wrecked him out, and some times that can get messy.


What has always amazed me is drivers who try and win the race on the first lap, I mean come on get real, smart drivers lay back to not get caught up in those early wrecks. Then again faster drivers are up front and have nothing in their way to avoid and that is the best place to be.

Well I am not going to go on and on and on, I am just going to put an old DVD of a race at West Georgia Speedway in the player and watch some racing. See who wins, and listen to the engines roar.

To everyone I want to wish you a very safe and Merry Christmas and please remember racing season is not that far off, so hang in there and I hope to see you at one of the tracks this year or maybe even 2 tracks if I am lucky.


Merry Christmas,


Your Friend always,

Tino Patti


A Freelance Photographer/Video Journalist


With a World wide racing BLOG following.

No comments: