CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Friday, January 29, 2010

Come on lets go Racing






























I spoke with Sammy Duke last night and he informed me that he was not dead yet and he was like I had been just can’t wait for racing season.

Sammy has always been good to me and I will always be good to him, he is the kind of man you don’t meet because sometimes Sammy says one thing and turns it around other times.

All in all Sammy Duke is a good man with a good heart, and that is all I care able, I like people who are honest and people that let me do my job and don’t get in my way. Sammy has always done that when I filmed at his track.

The fans at dirt track racing are so knowledgeable I mean, when they see a car pull in they know who the driver is and what class he runs in and how he drives.

Now these are down right pure dirt track race fans, and if you mention asphalt they say “that’s for getting to the dirt track”.

One thing I have learned over my many years of filming dirt track races is that every one will be different, somehow and some way.

This year one of the winning drivers Rucker Orr in his famous #99 will be racing all year at Senoia, until he gets his doors blown away, because when you race at Senoia raceway you will have your hands full with some of the best dirt track drivers that will even come from Alabama to run.

Put it plain it will be no cake walk for Mr. Orr this racing season. He could win easy at West Georgia Speedway and that is why I called it his “Honey Hole” because he was assured of taking home the big money. But when he races at Senoia he will be in a new league and drivers will not put up, with some of his tricks.

I know we can expect Glenn McWaters and his new family with his proud baby boy “Walter McWaters” to come back and race at West Georgia Speedway. But when I talked to Glenn he is more of a warm weather racer and since I am getting older I can understand his thinking. Glenn and his wife Kacie and now the newest edition to the McWaters family will make for some great times. You have to believe that little Walter will take on his Fathers game face when he is old enough to drive.

Coming back to West Georgia we hope will be Richard Bagby, but then again he may only head to Dixie instead.

I hope for true racing fans that Richard and his wife will continue to race at West Georgia Speedway, but like everything In life that will be up to him and his family.

If we don’t see Richard at WGS well all we can say is we will miss one of the South’s premier drivers.

One thing for sure is that will open the field for some new drivers to get a tast of winning at “The Burg”.

The Sportsman class will be really up for grabs because no Orr or no McWaters for the time, so everyone that drives has a chance to be a winner.

Sammy did say he promised he would add so Late Model Shows and bring some fans back in.
This is one thing I believe in, Late Models would put on a show at West Georgia Speedway, the only problem I see is that Sammy has to pay a big enough purse to get the best of the best Late Model drivers to come.

Lets hope that Sammy keeps his word on Late model racing action.

As for as Little River Speedway goes Wren Goodman is laying down the law and he will be putting on some super shows, he is the East Alabama King, I am sure with his knowledge and skills he will make Little River Speedway a place for every one to come and take in a Saturday nights race.

Prices are great to get in and families and friends will not be afraid of coming to this well cleaned and maintained racetrack.

One thing for sure is when Wren took off his drivers suit and put on his Promoters shirt, he has taken a BIG STEP, but one thing for sure I am giving Wren all the best wishes and luck and I know he is Positive like I am. So he better be ready t feel the seats because drivers will come to race from miles around.

I am planning on driving over to Little River Speedway and taking a Photographer with me in Feb, and that is when I will devout a entire blog with photos and stories on Wren Goodman. We will list everything we can and everything will be positive, so please be ready for this special upcoming blog.

If you need to check out little river speedway on the web go to this easy link

http://www.littleriverspeedway.com/


You can find out all about Little River Speedway There.
As for as the new Senoia raceway, it is “HUSH, HUSH” as to the payout prices drivers keep asking me and I have no idea what Jack Mills is going to pay drivers it is like I said all “HUSH , HUSH”

If you would like to check out the new Senoia raceway head over to this link:


http://www.newsenoiaraceway.com/


As for as new information regarding the South’s toughest dirt track, “THE BURG” at West Georgia Speedway just click on below.

http://westgaspeedway.webs.com/

And as for me and my life I am in the process of starting my own magazine, yes it will feature “DIRT TRACK racing, and the drivers that sit in those hot seats on Saturday night.

We will be taking ads and I am looking for sales people who want to make some cash for every ad they track down and we get. So if you want some easy cash please call me at 770-361-3019 ask for Tino and we will talk.

Until later,

Have a Blessed day and a better Night


Many Thanks,


Tino Patti


A FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPER/VIDEO JOURNALIST



WITH A WORLD WIDE RACING BLOG FOLLOWING

No comments: