CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jeff Carter, the MAN in RED



Jeff Carter Hobby Car driver Supreme, plus hard worker and Family Man

When you talk about a all around nice guy, you must be talking about Big Jeff Carter, who drives the red #3 hobby car at West Georgia Speedway plus other tracks.

There is no way you can miss this BIG MAN, as he is a gentle giant, he speaks soft but caries a big engine under the hood of his car. He has always let the talking be done with his car, he can start in the rear of a race and by the middle of the race he has made his way to the front, and battles everyone, cuts no slack. One thing for sure Jeff is not a showoff, and he is not wrecking his car if he can't win. He always brings the car back home in one piece, and that's a good thing.

Jeff is a family man, and his family supports him every time he steps inside his race car, they know he is going to give it his all to win o
r place or show.
His wife Lisa Carter is a huge supporter and when the Carter's come to a track they come in truck loads of people, sometimes when I was working at West Georgia Speedway I would look down from the tower at his car and all his friends surrounding Jeff. He has a army of people that help him with his car, from his son to his daughter, then there is "Spotlight" what can be said about him, he is a bright spot in anyones day. If his son Robbie does not have the car dialed in they look to Mark who takes care of things when Robbie is not around.

But like I said behind every good driver is a woman, with a backbone that won't quit, and that is his wife Lisa Carter. She is a force in her own, never shy with words she can make anyone happy. She is intelligent, just make sure you don't drink her last coke are you have had it.


When Jeff is not racing on Saturday night, during the week you will find him almost anywhere hauling broke down big rigs, as he has the ultimate tow truck, and it is a horse, huge, powerful and clean. Jeff and his wife run Carter's Wrecker Service out of Stockbridge Georgia. They are highly "Wreck-o-mended".
I had the pleasure of seeing Jeff work as he was in Douglasville, to pick up a truck that needed to be moved, when I first arrived on the scene I was expecting to see a small tow truck, WRONG!!!!, this truck was massive, and I grabbed my camera and started shooting. It made for some great photo's on my smugmug website.
I have seen Jeff win some pretty amazing races and before I really got to know Jeff when he would win I would always say "Man he's a MAGIC MAN", and sure enough while walking in the pit area at West Georgia Speedway on a HOT Saturday afternoon prior to the race, I noticed on the back of his car the saying "Magic Man", somehow that made me feel special. I want to thank Jeff and his family and his crew for making my time down at West Georgia Speedway a time that I can always look back and remember. I not only made good friends, I made some special friends that I will never forget. If after all the time I was allowed to work at the Speedway, I can say in all honesty that my favorite Hobby car driver was the big man, Jeff Carter. He made my time at the race track special, and so did his entire family.
Lisa was as good as gold on those HOT nights, making sure I had a drink, that was so kind, these are the kind of people we need more of in world.
THANK YOU FOR EVERY THING, AND ALL THE GREAT TIMES. I will never forget that #3 Red car making it's way around that old dirt track in Whitesburg, Ga.
The Carter's are some special folks!!!

Thanks, Tino Patti ( an MSA Reporter)

No comments: