CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Thursday, August 14, 2008

To All those that THINK I am a RUCKER ORR FAN




Ok, I have been accused of writing pro things about driver Rucker Orr, lets talk!

To everyone that seemed to believe that Rucker Orr was paying me for my comments regarding him, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

Rucker Orr, has no idea what I will write about him or any other driver I choose, I am not being paid by him, all I am doing is telling my side of the story about a driver that has talent and guts. I respect your right to like other drivers, and I respect your ways of seeing things. I want you all to know that where I stand I see lots of things that others don't see or want to see.

If you think I like Rucker Orr, GREAT, because he is talented and I have never had words with him, I respect all drivers that are honest and kind to me. I do NOT have to like certain drivers, just as you as a fan have your favorites. I don't speak about some drivers because they are not worth taking the time I have. I can and will continue to follow the drivers that I have respect for, and that includes hobby drivers Jeff Carter, Joe Hillman, and Cory Hillman. I will also respect Winford Minex of the Enduro class, as well as other drivers in that class, like Eddie Harris, I can and will always have my favorites.
And as for as Crate Cars go, there is none better than Mark Knight and Tony Kemp, I am not leaving out any Crate Car driver, not even young Mark Sims, every Crate Car driver is special in his own way.
When it comes to the Sportsman, YES I do like Rucker Orr, Yes I do like Glenn Waters's and Yes I do like Brian Reese, plus Fletcher Cavender. Do I have a favorite,
YES and I don't have to say who, it could be anyone of them are NONE of the above.
My favorite driver in the Modified Mini class is Richard Bagby and that is because we go way back to the days when 7 Flags speedway was in operation, but that does not mean I do not like Richard Dale or Frank Long, because I do. I have just known Richard longer.
The pure mini class is a mixture of unknowns, except for Rocky Johnson, and Danny Smith, if I had to pull for one it would be hard.
In the Street Stock, I have no favorite just turn them loose and let them run, I have never seemed to care for Street Stock.

Now you say, well why do I write so much about Rucker Orr, well it is the same reason I write articles on Mark Knight and Richard Bagby not to mention Jeff Carter, I even wrote a article that appeared in MotorSportAmerica magazine about the owner of West Georgia Speedway, Sammy Duke, does that mean I don't like him?. So to all those that have read the Rucker Orr article and said I must have been getting paid by him, GET REAL.
Life goes on, the race tracks I cover are different each in there own way, some are old and run down like West Georgia Speedway but that does NOT mean it is not a good track, it just means it could be better with improvements.
So remember, Racing is Racing, and each of us are fans down deep in our hearts.
I have my FAVORITES and you have YOURS, so just remenber we all live in a free country and we all can pull for drivers we like.
This was meant to please all the fans that have come down hard on the article I wrote regarding Rucker Orr.
Many Thanks too all,
Tino Patti (A MSA reporter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor fella. You sure catch a lot of crap for your opinions. If it makes you feel any better, I catch a lot of crap for being a Tony Stewart fan. I don't care though. Other peoples opinions won't change mine and all of these drama lovin' haters won't change yours!
More power to ya- write on....
Sincerely,
Racing and Rucker fan