CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Monday, May 3, 2010

MAY 1st Senoia WOES, but great racing !!!





Senoia Raceway, took a toll on me and my camera !


WHAT CAN I SAY BUT I APOLOGIZE
TO ALL THE DRIVERS OF THE LATE MODEL AND PURE MINI STOCK CHAMPIONSHIP RACE.

It was all going good for me and my camera until I changed Mini DVC tapes to start filming the Late Model race, and the Pure Mini classic.

Since my camera would not go back into the record mode, I was only able to capture the Hobby, to the Crate races, also this is my first time reporting this but my “BACK went OUT”, and I could hardly move, I am not under treatment but taking some pain medication.

This is the first time my back has gone out and I really am trying my best to get some “R&R”, I will be using a heating pad and generally not trying to do any kind of lifting of any kind in the next few days.

Also I want to thank Jeff & Lisa Carters young son who met me at the track and helped me load my camera and gear upstairs from where I film the races, and since my camera went down, I had the son-in-law of Jack Mills, “MARK” have them radio down that I needed Robbie Carter to report to the Concession stand at the end of the race.

Since I was in total pain all I could do was hope and pray he heard the announcement at the end of the race, and I thank GOD he did hear and was able to help me load my gear back downstairs and load it into my car, so I could make the long trip home.

On arriving to Senoia there was a chance of rain, as I was headed that way I drove through sprinkles.

But once at this fantastic track, the weather cleared and everything looked great, so we knew we were going racing again at the best tracks in Georgia.

I want to say I have seen professional operations but this has to be the class act track in Dirt tracks in Georgia.

Every one that works at this track is professional in every thing they do, no matter how small a task it is done great.

Fans are treated with some of the best racing action in Georgia.

In the Modified Mini race, Richard Bagby took his first win at Senoia Raceway, and gave thanks to his family and GOD and everyone at Senoia Raceway. Bagby is a class act driver and when he wins, he has such a great attitude.

Winning drivers were:

In the Enduro classic was #99 Mike Ray
In 2nd place #38 Matt Swancey
In 3rd place # 4 Michael Nelms


Modified Mini Winner was #6 of Richard Bagby
In 2nd place was #9 Evan Lancaster
In 3rd place was #3 Allen Brewster


The Hobby winner was again #41 Scott Sherrier
In 2nd Place hard charging #1 Eddie Johnson
And in 3rd place #M4 Winford Minix


In the Hard fought B-Cadet race again #31 of Blake Griffin took the win.
Finishing in 2nd place was #22 William Blair
And in 3rd place was #7 Chris Justus

In the Nesmith Crate race #91 Todd Darda held off everyone including #0 Craig Scott.

So Todd Darda took the Nesmith crate win, followed by in 2nd place #16 Tony “The Tiger” Kemp
And in 3rd place #28 Joe Cobb

That’s when I started to change Mini DVC’s when BAM, my camera went into LOCK UP MODE. Something it has never done before, since my back was hurting and throbbing every time I moved, and camera was locked up, there was nothing I could do except sit back and watch both the Late Model Race and also the Pure Mini Championship.

AGAIN I am so sorry for not capturing the Late Model Feature as well as the hard fought 25 lap Pure Mini Championship race, I know you drivers have always been my friend and I have always tried my best but when your back gives out and also your camera heads south, I have to again say I am sorry.

To Shane Criswell who won the Late Model Feature, I say congratulations and I look forward to seeing him win again, soon.

The order of finish in the May 1st 2010 late model race finishing first #18C of Shane Criswell
And in 2nd place was #99 of Rucker Orr
And in 3rd place was hard charging #27 Glenn Morris



Also to Pure Mini Championship Winner and walk away $500 dollar winner 7B Brandon Bright, proves he can win the big race, even going against some of the top name drivers in Pure Mini Stock class features.

Winning the first Pure Mini Stock Championship of 2010
Congratulations to #7B Brandon Bright
In 2nd place #4 Dusty Jones
And in 3rd place finished #54 of Norman Chambers

So to everyone I thank you for your time in reading this and I want you to know before the big $2000 to win feature that will bring Late Models to Senoia I look forward to being there and giving you the kind of filming of the action I have always been proven to do.

BUT I DO PLAN ON GETTING SOME “R&R” AND WORK ON GETTING MY BACK PAIN STOPPED IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

You drivers have never let me down and I promise I will never again let you down in my filming of all your action. There has never been a night that my camera failed, and my back went out the same night it is so unreal.

Again Senoia Raceway proves to be one of the real class act racetracks in Georgia, and the schedule has some really exciting racing action to come in the future.

You need to as a fan thank Jack Mills, Tony and Tim Moses and everyone else involved at running this race track. With care and pride these men have taken a track that had such great dirt track history and racing drivers, when it was dirt, and all the great drivers who drove the track when it was asphalt, and now back to dirt in 2010. Everyone is a winner at this track.

Fans bring your friends and everyone you can load up and head to Senoia Raceway known as “The fastest DIRT Track in Georgia”.

One more thing I want to mention, and that is Jack Mills is a no nonsense track official, and if a driver is not running right he will drive his artic cat 4 wheeler out onto the track and point in the drivers face and give him down country, and most tracks this would be overlooked to make sure not to hurt a drivers feeling, put it this way you do wrong and you will be told and harshly taken care of.

Again I plan on getting my back to feeling better and my camera looked at, and then I hope we will be back to filming of some of the greatest racing in Georgia at Senoia Raceway.

FOR ALL THE DRIVERS THAT DID NOT PICK UP YOUR DVD’S OF THE 17TH RACE, I STILL HAVE THEM AND THEY ARE WAITING FOR YOU. They took time to make and I worked hard for you I hope that you will honor your commitment in purchasing them as soon as you can.

Remember prices are $25.00 no driver gets a deal, everyone driver is the same. If you need to contact me regarding your DVD please call me at 770-361-3019 my cell line or 770-942-9888 my land line.


Call me please if you are not purchasing your DVD and I will make a note of it so that I can resell it to someone else. All I am saying if you commit I expect you to honor your word.


Many Thanks to all,


Tino Patti


A Freelance Photographer/Video Journalist


With a World Wide racing BLOG Following!

No comments: