CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Senoia and a BIRTHDAY suprise MAY 8, 2010






“THE BIG RACE, ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?”


SENIOA RACEWAY IS YOUR PLACE TO BE MAY 8TH, 2010, AS JACK MILLS AND TONY AND TIM MOSES PUT UP THE BIGGEST PAYCHECK FOR A DRIVER IN THIS YOUNG 2010 SEASON. $2000 TO WIN, THAT’S RIGHT $2000 BIG DOLLARS.

What kind of driver will it take to win this huge “Topless Late Model race”?

Will it be Rucker Orr’s turn to take the checkered flag, or will Jason Williams show how fast he really can be, if you remember Williams took the win on April 17th, 2010.
Or will #16C of Shane Criswell, bring it back and win big again after his win Saturday night on May 1st.
Then again, I would never count out Scott Duffy in his new #25 car.

Then again, it could be some of the Alabama gang that comes over to race and show their stuff.

Who ever wins, is going to have to PUSH the envelope and pray that they have the right car on this one great super night, where fans should fill the track stands.

This race will be the showcase of the night, and should provide some real action, I plan on being there filming all the action with my back-up camera that I have filmed with for years at all the major tracks, like 7 Flags Speedway, Senoia Speedway when it was asphalt, back to 7 Flags Speedway to close the race track down and have the bulldozers come in and take the track down, piece by piece.

Then it was off to West Georgia Speedway, where anything went, and no one could say they won fair.

It was a free for all, and I called it “THE BURG”.

Drivers raced on a track that was tough, and everyone complained, but I took it in stride. I was doing my best at giving the drivers that won a product they were happy with. There were plenty of promises but none came true. It was sad for fans and hard on good drivers in every class.


NOW I HAVE THE PRIVLEGE TO WORK AT A TRACK THAT I HATED WHEN IT WAS ASPLAT AND LOVE NOW THAT IT IS “DIRT”, I AM TALKING ABOUT SENOIA RACEWAY.

Professional in every way, every worker is a class act worker, no one drivers gets a free pass, you break a rule you get the hand in the your face from track promoter Jack Mills, who shows no favorites that’s the way a race track should be run.

Tim and Tony Moses take care of the tower and making sure the drivers are listening on their race receivers, they are in line ready to move out and no driver can say, “Oh I forgot my race was coming up”, it’s so much class and I am telling you if you have never been to watch a race at Senoia you are in for a treat, you will never again want to miss a race at Senoia Raceway, where cars are FAST and drivers are the best there is.

That leads me to food, and I love FOOD, you can tell by my size.

Everyone knows racetrack food is usually lousy and over priced
.

Well here is the deal, friends, I will clue you in to a secret that I have hidden for years, I never, NEVER ate at race tracks that I was working at because the food was awful, or even worse over priced for the size of the food. I mean sure I can see paying for something good but when you get a mini burger at over charged prices you can keep it.

So I always brought my own food from home or stopped at a local fast food chain, to grab a bite of good food I could trust.

That leads me to something that caught my eye while the cars were running some heat races. I looked down and their was Mark, the Son-in-law to Jack Mills “CLEANING” the table where all the mustard and ketchup and salt and pepper was laying on the table, he was cleaning it to where it was giving off a glow of silver, and you know that to me was class. Sure you say what’s the big deal, the big deal was there he was cleaning and making sure the fans could buy some good quality food and have there meals like they are supposed to be.

Jack asked me if I had tried the food and to be honest I said no, that is when he told me of the great food and high quality of food they buy, and sell to the fans. Needless to say, next time I am hungry and am at Senoia Raceway, I am going down for some fries, hamburger, or chicken tenders or what ever else I find to eat, and I am getting me a cold drink to wash it down because when I start filming the feature races I have no time to worry about eating.

Enough about the great food, remember they have some great racing action with drivers like Richard Bagby who won his first Modified Mini race and thanked a cheering crowd at Senoia, finishing 2nd was young Evan Lancaster and coming in 3rd was #3 of Allen Brewster

The winner of the Hobby race was #41 of Scott Sherrer he is a full blown winner and looks like know one can touch him. But #E1 of “Fast” Eddy Johnson almost had a win, but was passed by Scott and that’s all that race wrote.

How about the B-Cadet race winner #31 Blake Griffin
Who has found a car that knows how to win at Senoia? Then again if Jeff Carters car had not broken down, we could have had a super finish. One thing is for sure the B-Cadet series is amazing, you have some really talented drivers and some who are not afraid to block.

The Enduro race has been a toss up, but closing in on a win is Matt Swancey who is just a lick and a tick away from grabbing a Senoia Raceway win, he is about there, but until then #99 Mike Ray would win the big race of the night, finishing in 3rd was Michael Nelms in his #4 car.

That would showcase the Nesmith Crate cars, and winning his first race of the season at Senoia was #91 of Scott Darda who was being chased around the track by a real fan favorite “Tony The Tiger” Kemp in his new #16 car, that even I did not recognize.

Kemp has always been a proven winner, when he races he comes to win, but he had to hold off 3rd place finisher #28 Joe Cobb.

That is when my camera as well as my back took a dive, and shut down so I did not capture the Late Model race and also the Pure Mini stock championship that was filled with spins and turns and crashes, and drivers getting yelled at by Jack Mills, it was all in a nights work because they were all fighting for $500 big bucks to win.

All I can say is Saturday May 8th 2010, I will be there with my trusty BACK-UP camera that as I stated has seen some of the best races in history. I know this camera , I trust it and I have always believed in it. But like all things, new things come up, and digital cameras came in and S/VHS tape went out. I can still copy a Video to a DVD so every driver will have a copy if you order one.

PRICE IS $25 (NO EXCEPTIONS)

The DVD will have all 7 Feature races, and interviews with winning drivers.

If you contact me I will have a DVD ready for you and have it at the track, the DVD’s will be taken to each driver who will be expected to pay using, Haley or Robbie Carter, if you have any questions in the Pit are please see Lisa Carter, the wife of B-Cadet driver Jeff Carter, she will make sure your questions are answered and if she has a problem she will contact me and we will work it out.

Later there will be a sign up sheet in the room where the drivers draw. Also there will be a receipt book for those that pay $5.00 up front. The driver keeps the receipt so there is no mix-up, I will have the copy along with Lisa Carter.


Please contact me at 770-361-3019 for instructions if I have to mail a DVD to you. You can make all checks payable to: Tino Patti

Again I hope that I can work with every driver and please them, as this is going to be one of the greatest racing seasons in Dirt track racing, at the fastest Oval in Georgia and Dirt! Non other than Senoia Raceway, the NEW IMPROVED SEONIA RACEWAY.


To get to the website of Senoia go to : http://www.newsenoiaraceway.com/


And to follow all my blogs weekly, just add http://douglcountyliar.blogspot.com/ to your favorites on your computer.


Again MANY THANKS to everyone,



Tino Patti


A Freelance Photographer/Video Journalist


With a World Wide Racing BLOG Following!!

No comments: