CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Friday, March 27, 2009

RAIN OUT, NO NO NO





Raining In Georgia, BUT will there be racing?


Well West Georgia Speedway and other places or under water so to speak, I mean it has been raining so much that I don't believe the track needs to be watered for a while, then again who knows what tomorrow will bring.

We do know that Saturday's race at "The Burg" will be canceled, because of heavy storms, but that does not mean their will not be "racing on Sunday at 12 noon," if the weather lets the cars run.

I can
not tell you what the turn out will be like on Sunday?, will the fans come out to see Sunday afternoon racing, and if so how many. Will the driver's be there?, these are all great questions, maybe someone can give us a clear answer.

We do have some racing news I found interesting, and that is that car #K17 driven by the super Crate car driver, Mark Knight will be changing car numbers, he will be going from the famous #K17 to #K77, why I have no idea, that is the same as Enduro driver and Crate Driver, Shane Barrett, who was driving the 79 car in Enduro and the #B77 in Crate, bot
h times Shane had bad luck on the track, not of his fault he was just caught up in some wrecks and that is not what Shane was looking for. In the Crate car race, his #B77 was the car that took on the worst damage, after #89 of Carey Smith spun in turn 4 and that is when he collected 3 other cars, Shane being one of the cars.
As for as Mark Knight, he had something for the #89 and maybe #16 of Tony Kemp, but I believe something let go in his car that forced him into the pit area. What ever it was was not good for Mark as he is a charger of a driver, and will not pull in unless something is really wrong with his car. I look for him to win some big races coming up.

As for everything else, all I can say is since it is Friday I hope that all the drivers can get all the pieces they needed after Saturday nights, demolition derby.

Maybe I will be there Sunday to film, then again, maybe I won't since I do have previous engagements that are all ready made, and I hate to break a photo shoot.
Then again I do love racing, well I will make that call Sunday morning when I see what the skies look like, if there is rain anywhere near like it has been, I will be a NO Show, but if I can rearrange my schedule, then I will be at "The Burg" on Sunday afternoon.


Drivers to watch in upcoming races, will be the #3 of Jeff Carter who had to replace several pieces of his car, because of the damage he sustained Saturday Night. I also know that Blant Duke who was driving in the #99 back-up car of Rucker Orr needs some body work, and I am sure that has been done, so I also believe he will be ready to race on Sunday.

Richard Bagby who drives the #6 Modified Mini car should be ready and eager to take home a victory that is if he races on Sunday. We will have to wait and see.

Anyway, hope to see you at the track, and we will continue to bring you the blow by blow action of racing at "Historic" West Georgia Speedway and all the flag to flag action.


Many Thanks,

Tino Patti

a Freelance Photographer/ Video Journalist



No comments: