CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Saturday, March 14, 2009

RAIN OUT !! NOT GOOD AT ALL !!


"WELL IT'S TRUE,We May Have The 1st Rain Out of the 2009 RACING Season"

1st Rain Out of the Season March 14, 2009

How can this HAPPEN ?, it is not supposed to rain in Whitesburg, and more so at West Georgia Speedway. But the weather has become a real "Mother", and I mean MOTHER!, rain is not what we needed, neither for the drivers are for their families. There goes my Sammy Duke Mystery rain cover, oh well that is what happens when you think Sammy has found the cure for stopping rain.

But think o
f it this way, today while it is raining you can do all those things you said you were going to do, just never got around to it. I mean like fixing things around the house, are better yet cleaning that you have been putting off.

Then again, it will give those brave men time to work on their race cars, for "Next Saturday Nights racing features".

Then again, some may just stay home and sleep and relax and listen to the rain, as it falls in there area. Nothing like a nice rest, when you have nothing better to do.

Are you and your families can gang up and raid the local eating establishment and not make "MOMMA" cook.

Then again maybe "Momma" CAN really cook, and you will be staying h
ome and enjoying some really good home made cooking. The only thing I would ask is that when all the cooking is done, and your done eating , that you be nice enough, to help clean up the mess. Give Momma a break, remember she is the backbone of the house. Without her things would be a mess, because most men are not cooks, and we are not the best house keepers.

So, all I can say is according to the weather we are going to get 80% of rain tonight, and that will also lead into Sunday so you better have your rain gear on if you plan on going out. And for my sake please watch out for those other drivers that think that they can drive in the rain, and we all know they can't. I am sure there will be lots of calls for fender benders, today.

My wife is up early and as I finish this blog, we are having bisque's and scrambled eggs and coffee, with maybe some bacon on the side. Nothin
g like a good wife, more so in the early morning hours. You want to hear of a really good cook, you need to talk with Hobby Car driver, Jeff Carter, whose wife Lisa Carter can cook like no one else, when she puts on a meal, she means it. You have to remember she is cooking for a huge family, there is the Big Man Jeff, plus add in his son Robbie, and daughter Haley, and maybe a friend or two that happen to stop by, and you will have some real food, and we can't forget Lisa because she can put some food down also. I hope "Jeffery" got her a 55 oz Coke to start her day off right. What would she do without that Coke?, only Jeff and his family knows.

Well I have had breakfast and am looking forward to lunch, then again I am just looking forward to anything today.

I do have one thing planned and that is I want to clean this co
mputer, office, DVD duplication room up, and straight it up so I know where I can step and where I can't step, this room has become like a "Mine Field", you come in at your own risk.

So since there will not be any racing at West Georgia Speedway, I plan on getting out a DVD of one of the races from last year and watching it and see who wins, that should take all this strain away.

Well I hope to write more later, and give you more updates, but as for as the weather here in Douglas County, it is pouring down rain and COLD, as ever and that's not good at all. So hang in there more to come later. I am working on a story that I hope to share with everyone, so just hang in and check back ever
y once in a while. "STORY" will be coming up later.

Thanks

Tino Patti
Freelance Photographer/Video Journalist

No comments: