CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What'ca doing thing Wensday?

"Well the race is over, the results are in, and it's "HUMP DAY"

HAVE TO HAVE MY COFFEE FOR THIS INTENSE WORK!

Well here we go again, time for the new blog, of course it will be about those daring men in their flying machines, they call race cars.

To be honest, I was having as bad if not worst luck on Saturday night than I have ever had in a LONG TIME. I know drivers have trouble with their race cars, and they are not to happy, well guees what that is the same way I was feeling as the long night wore on. My trouble began when my broadcast video camera, decided that it want to make my night pure horror, as it stopped while filming twice, and that was not good, then the DVD recorder went on vacation, and that left me back at the controls of the camera, like the old day's, filming with tape, and now having to copy that tape over and burn it to a DVD, don't think I am not tired now because I am. My main problem is that I have to watch the race at the same time I am making the master copy, once that is over we can move on to duplicating the DVD's and that is not a hassle.

Race car driver's are a rare breed, I mean they work hard all week, and on Saturday nights they give the crowd their moneys worth of pure excitement. What is fascinating to me, is that these men work all week on a job, and come home and work to the wee hours of the mornings on their race cars, so that when Saturday arrives all they have to do is load the car up, head to the track and get ready to see who else shows up in their division.

During the Sportsman race, did anyone see that fight that took place on the outside of the track that halted the race, and sent the ambulance and some police cars? I was filming and had to maintain focus on the race, but since the race was "Red" flagged and stopped, I was shooting the ambulance and I caught Brian Duke running as fast as he could to stop the trouble, in which he did a great job. What I think happened and this is just from this reporters vantage, was that someone said something to someone and they took offense and belted someone in the mouth. Now that is a lot of "Some" don't you think ?. At least all the driver's behaved and raced hard, and that what racing is all about, having the fun and having a family track where families can come and enjoy a race.

Listen I speak from experience, I was filming 7 Flags Speedway in Douglasville, Ga. Families and friends would come out to watch some hard charging races. UNTIL the County, heard from a home builder that wanted to buy all kinds of land, he did and the race track was closed and put several super people out of work, plus racing was OVER in Douglas County, and it was all because some people complained to their county government to have the track closed. So you see a few "Idiots" can ruin racing for everyone, so please let's not have this happen to West Georgia Speedway, where Sammy Duke and is family have worked so hard to build a track that has become a center for entertainment on a Saturday nights.

I will ask this last question, if West Georgia Speedway was closed, how do you think that would effect the drivers, are they willing to drive to Dixie Speedway, or Rome?, I don't think so but I do think some would hang up the sport, I mean those that run in smaller races. I was looking at the monitor, and you want to see some racing drama, watch the pure mini car #5 be taken out, and he ends up on the front straightaway sideways. The driver who I have no idea is, leans out of the drivers window, and "POINTS" at the car the slowly passes him in line, because they are under caution, and he does what most race car drivers do that are mad,"He Points at the driver that caused him to wreck", as if saying "Your Time is coming" These little moments of a race most people that are in the pit area miss, but from uptop where I am filming, I try and catch all the action, and some times it gets ugly then again there are some times you just shake your head and say what is going to happen next week in this feature race between these two drivers. I tend to think they will forget it and come out racing harder next Saturday Night.

Too All those that were in the fight, I mean the fans, they should be banned, for a time, then again "I do not" and "will not" make any calls, that is up to the management at West Georgia Speedway and Sammy Duke and his Son Brian Duke.

Lets see some good clean racing now that we know that Sammy Duke has made some great improvements to West Georgia Speedway, and if you get a chance and want to see some great racing action, come on down on Saturday Nights and watch the hard charging action, from all the features.

Also STOP the rain that I hear is heading this way Saturday Night, so that we can get some racing action in. what'ca say?, on this "HUMP" day.



Thanks, so much, and leave some comments!


Tino Patti A Freelance Photo/Video Journalist an Correspondent for MSA magazine

No comments: