CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

HUMP DAY COMING DOWN



















Here is Sportsman driver known as "Hog Head"coming at me, so I got this shot. Any one know his real name?







"HUMP DAY, OR YOUR CARS READY"







Racing can be exciting to watch as well as write about, take for instance, Saturday May 9th, 2009, what a race, and what about the crazy things things that happened on the track.







Drivers, that should have won did not, and those that did got lucky.




Lee Owensby #91 in the enduro class, had he own chance at glory, but it was short lived by #6 Eddie Swofford, who drove all over Lee on the last lap, causing both Lee and Eddie to spin out and letting the #8 of Dustin Smith take the win.







Same goes for the Sportsman feature, where the race was in Rucker Orr's hands until he literally pushed #28 of Darrel Goodman and caused both Rucker and Goodman to loose control, only to be pasted by the famous #G1 of Glenn McWaters.



It was strange seeing Orr lose this way,he is usually cool on the track. Of course Glenn McWaters was not backing down to any race, he comes to win any way possible. Lets put it this way Glenn was in the right spot when Rucker Orr messed up.





Some races are won on sheer luck and that is all. I am not saying G1 had a faster car, I am saying he was in the right place at the right time.




You know that is all that counts in horse shoes and racing.




Same goes for the Hobby car race, the heavy hitters were there, Blant Duke in his new and improved #01 car, plus #3 Jeff Carter, #47 of Jason Causey plus the #92 of Joe Hillman, not to mention the GT47 of Charlie Garrett .













This looked like the premier race of the night, but Jeff Carter was not able to make the show, and that was a let down, but we still had some cars that would give Blant Duke a run for the money. I mean Joe Hillman does not does not back up from any race, neither does Jason Causey.




But you have to remember West Georgia Speedway was where Blant Duke was raised and knows the track better than any driver, he runs at the top of his game every race.




Blant and his sister Kayla, stand next to his new war machine, with the new engine.









One more thing Blant Duke never backs down, in any race, so when you race him, be prepared for a fight.



If you have never been to West Georgia Speedway then you should come out and watch some exciting racing every Saturday night. While your coming bring some friends that have never seen dirt car racing and I bet you will turn them on to the sport.




Remember these driver's are not only coming to win some cash, but to entertain the race fans, every Saturday night.




Some people tend to think race car drivers are all stuck up, but I have found that being a writer, I have really learned to meet some of the best people, and their families are the best also.






Then again,there are some drivers that are what I call stuck up, and would not give you the time of day if you asked. These are mainly the drivers that never win. Some people are like that an will never change.

So I like anything in life, I by-pass them, because the last thing I need in my ripe old age is confrontations.







Since I am approaching the big 60 in age next May 2010, I really need to live now that I am 59, and holding on tight.






One thing I have found out that in all my years of hauling camera equipment, up and down stairs and working in the craziest of weather at different race tracks, I have learned to love the sport and meet some of the best race drivers in my entire life






One thing is for sure, the drivers have gotten to know me, and I have learned to know them. Some of the drivers I have met and learned to become friends with are now racing on asphalt and in NASCAR racing.






Then there are the World of Outlaw drivers, that I have crossed paths with while filming dirt car race, like Shane Clanton, Rickie Williams, and so many others.






But to be honest, the drivers I meet to day, the young guns are the ones I look forward to watching climb that hill of racing success. They may run modified mini today, but who knows where they will be next year, and the year after. One day they will climb to the top of their ladder of racing success. I hope I can help them along that long road.






Some of my favorite drivers I have met along my journey have been Lamar Haygood, still active in late model racing, Richard Bagby, still racing but now races and Wins in the modified mini features at West Georgia Speedway, and is proud of winning.







Then we have #99 of Rucker Orr, a Sportsman winner, plus #G1 of the always famous Glenn McWaters. In Crate car racing, the #16 of fan favorite Tony Kemp, plus when he does race #K17 of humble Mark Knight.



I would be crazy to leave out #92 of Joe Hillman, who I have been proud to watch for years, and a driver that can and will put on a show.






Then if I were not to mention #69 of Roscoe Collins, I would be insane, as here is a driver that takes racing to a whole new atmosphere He comes to win, and he is a winner.






Then I have the up and coming drivers, like #3 of Jeff Carter, who has a heart of gold, but when he comes to race it is to win. I refuse to leave out #01 of Blant Duke, who has been racing since he was a young man and believe it or not he is still a young man. Also Blant is a driver with some raw racing talent.






To be blunt, I have seen the best in racing and I have seen the worst, I have filmed races in cold weather and in the most unbearable heat, but one thing I can be proud of saying is when I was filming a race, I gave it my all, and you know that is all I could have expected.


















If you have never bought a DVD from me I urge you too, because in a lot of ways by watching your driving skills you can pick up what you are doing wrong, or what your competitor is doing better than you. Plus as a added thrill, you can sit back when racing season is over and watch hours of racing, getting you back int the mood to go racing. If you need to know the cost is the same to any driver, $20 dollars. So please let me know if you need a copy and I will make it for you and get it to you as soon as possible.




For more information just call me at 770-361-3019 just ask for Tino.






Now I have a prayer request, and this is for a wonderful lady and a drivers wife, whose name is Lisa Carter, she is Jeff Carters wife, and she has been battling smoking, we all thought she had the flu, but it was something else and she needs prayer. Smoking is like sticking a gun in your mouth. I know Lisa and she has a heart of gold, and when she can't talk, something is wrong.Maybe you are not a Church goer every Sunday, but that does not mean the LORD will not hear your prayers. So I am asking all of you drivers as well as your families to lift Lisa Carter up in your prayers and help her to stop smoking. You may never know it helped but she will know, remember when my wife was so sick, I can't believe all the help I received in your thoughts. GOD is so GOOD!








Also remember when one racing family hurts, we all hurt, we are all family.







This Saturday night should be another great race at West Georgia speedway located in Whitesburg, Georgia.






So for some real racing action, "BE THERE"!!!.






Many Thanks,









Tino Patti






A Freelance Photographer/ Video Journalist






WITH A WORLD WIDE BLOG FOLLOWING!!









































































































































































































No comments: