CHRISTIAN FRIENDS

Saturday, May 16, 2009

RAIN OUT NOT GOOD !!



"WHY RAIN ON THE WEEKEND?"

You know it could rain, 6 days a week, but how about leaving Saturday night clear from any rain. Saturday nights are for racing action, not to be spent at home, wondering what to do.


Sure some drivers need a week off, then others want to get it on racing. Whatever the reason, the rain and I mean heavy rain moved into the Atlanta and metro areas. To be honest I was doing some shopping at our local Publix, when I was walking down the aisle and the store went BLACK as a bolt of lighting struck close by.It amazed me, how dark a store can get in a few seconds of time, but I did not have to worry as the LIGHTS came on, and I made my way getting what I needed and headed home under a blanket of heavy rain. I knew the weekend did not look good but I always look on the bright side of things, but you know there was no bright side, as racing at West Georgia Speedway was called .



Well that meant I would miss my favorite drivers race on a track to hard to tame "The Burg". Then I thought, wait a minute, if I can't see a new race I have all these DVDs why not watch some past racing action and not worry about the rain. That's another great reason to buy DVDs of the races, you can always put one in and watch some exciting racing.



With a DVD I can watch, Glenn McWaters somehow pull out a win, or maybe see Rucker Orr blowing other cars away.

Then again, I have the chance at watching some of best Hobby car drivers race, and it's all worth it.

I could also watch as Richard Bagby in his #6 wins his 5th straight race, or maybe I might see Tony Kemp in his super fast #16 crate car out run #8 of Michael "Mouth" Keener.

Or maybe I could watch the start of a sportsman race and see in slow motion Michael "High Flying" Mills car sail through the air, and Michael walk away like nothing happened "Thank God".



If I really want to get technical, I can watch a DVD and slow it down, trying to see why #25 of Scott Duffy is spinning in turn 1 and two, once he has this down he will be leading and McWaters and Orr may be chasing Duffy down for some wins. One thing I have learned from my years of filming, the best drivers that win every weekend, have always purchased a DVD of the race to see what they were doing wrong and changing their style of racing. A DVD is worth millions to a trained eye.



Well this weeks blog will be short because of the rain out, but I will have one up before Wednesday for sure and maybe others on this short week.



So for now on this early Sunday morning, I bid you all good night, and I hope we can get together as I have some drivers DVDs ready and waiting from the May 9th weekend from West Georgia Speedways FULL MOON night.



Remember you can contact me at 770-361-3019 any time.



Thanks again,



Tino Patti



A Freelance Photographer/Video Journalist



With a WORLD WIDE BLOG FOLLOWING!!

No comments: